This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Looking for a fun class to take? Or maybe an easier class to pair with your harder ones? Look no further because here are some popular GEs to take when you don’t know what to take

CLA 10 : Greek, Roman, and Near East Mythology

Interested in Greek mythology? This 3 unit class explores the literature and art that produced Greek, Roman, and Ancient East mythology.

Supreme Court
Photo by Claire Anderson from Unsplash

CLA 30 : Word Roots 

Are you a student studying a science? Or are you really interested in words? Welcome to Classics 30: Greek and Latin Word Roots. It teaches how some of our vocabulary came about through the Greeks and Romans, especially the prefixes and suffixes of our words. If you’d like to gain more knowledge about that, this 3 unit class is definitely for you.

GEL 12 : Evolution and Paleontology of Dinosaurs 

Have you ever wanted to learn more about dinosaurs and explore the theories of how they came about and how they became extinct? If so, then this class is for you! This 2 unit class takes you on a geological timeline adventure that dives deep into the world of dinosaurs.

NUT 10V : Nutrition Discovery and Concepts

Interested in how food plays a role in our health? Dr. Fetter explores how the food we eat plays a role in our bodies. This 3 unit class teaches about the 6 essential nutrients of the body. Dr. Fetter does an amazing job of making this class interactive and applicable to your personal life.

PSC 1 : General Psychology

Have you always been interested in how the mind works? Psychology 1 is the introductory psychology class for you! It covers the basics about cognitive development in humans and their emotions. 

people sitting in chairs and taking notes
The Climate Reality Project on Unsplash

PLS 21 : Computers in Technology

Have you ever wanted to further develop your personal computer skills? Dr. Bailey gives you an in-depth tutorial on how to use Microsoft Suite as well as an introduction to R coding. If you want to enhance your database management and communication skills, this 4 unit class is for you! 

Cherrica is a junior at UC Davis where she is earning her degree in Managerial Economics, with a minor in Communication. In her free time, she loves to paint, journal, bake, hang out with her kitten and her sisters of Kappa Alpha Theta. She hopes to pursue a career in PR, marketing, or finance.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!