This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

If you’re looking for a playlist that will make you reminisce on high school relationships or will make you ugly-cry more when you’re already ugly-crying… this article is for you! Even though this playlist is bittersweet, it has some of my all-time favorite songs by a few of my favorite artists. Get your tissues ready and read on!

1. “Islands” by The xx

This is the first song I listened to by The xx from their self-titled album. I listened to the rest of their album after this, and I was hooked! This song is about finding the one and never needing to seek out anything or anyone else…

2. “VCR” by The xx

Another fave track of mine from The xx’s first album.

3. “Make Light” by Passion Pit

This is my favorite song from Passion Pit’s album Manners. Don’t be fooled by the up-beat music — listen closely to the lyrics, and you’ll find a tinge of melancholy that is similar to much of the rest of the album.

4. “Girlfriend” by Phoenix

“I am longing you, I am longing us two…” Need I say more?

5. “I Would Do Anything for You” by Foster the People

This is a song about falling in love with the right person.

6. “Always” by Panic! At The Disco

P!ATD never disappoints the inner angsty teen in me. Listen to this sweet and soft ballad from their album Vices & Virtues.

7. “Come Home to Me” by Ernie Halter

I actually discovered the Justin Bieber cover of this song first, but nothing beats the original.

8. “Sunday Morning” by Maroon 5

A classic tune to sing along to in the car with your BFFs.

9. “The Only Exception” by Paramore

I’m not crying, you’re crying.

I’ve been storing these songs in a mental playlist for quite some time; I hope you enjoy! If you’re so inclined, definitely check out the rest of the albums these songs are from — you won’t regret it. 

Cover image source: Stocksnap, Matthew Henry

Amanda is a fourth year UCD student majoring in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior with a minor in Psychology. She is an undergraduate research assistant at an affective neuroscience lab on campus. When she isn't studying or working, Amanda enjoys binge-watching shows on Netflix, doodling, napping, and hanging out with her friends.