This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Black Mirror is a science fiction TV series that explores the modern world in which technology can seriously impact lives. Each episode is a unique story, and comes with both a new set of characters/cast and a different sense of reality. This means you can watch it in whichever order you want!

If you haven’t watched Black Mirror because you’re afraid of commitment (or you watched Season 1, Episode 1 and you were scarred), don’t worry because I made a list of my favorite episodes per season that I believe are worth your time to watch.

The descriptions provided are straight from Netflix, so nothing is given away for you.

Season 1, Episode 3: “The Entire History of You”

“In the near future, everyone has access to a memory implant that records everything humans do, see and hear.”

Season 2, Episode 4: “White Christmas”

“Three interconnected tales of technology run amok during the Christmas season are told by two men at a remote outpost in a frozen wilderness.”

Season 3, Episode 1: “Nosedive”

“A woman desperate to boost her social media score hits the jackpot when she’s invited to a swanky wedding. But the trip doesn’t go as planned.”

Season 3, Episode 2: “Playtest”

“An American traveler short on cash signs up to test a revolutionary new gaming system, only to discover the thrills are a little too real.”

Season 3, Episode 4: “San Junipero”

“In a seaside town in 1987, a shy young woman and an outgoing party girl strike up a powerful bond that seems to defy the laws of space and time.”

Season 4, Episode 1: “USS Callister”

“Capt. Robert Daly presides over his crew with wisdom and courage. But a new recruit will soon discover nothing on this spaceship is what it seems.”

Season 4, Episode 4: “Hang the DJ”

“Paired up by a dating program that puts an expiration date on all relationships, Frank and Amy soon begin to question the system’s logic.”

Cover image source: Pexels

Tara is a senior at UC Davis who is pursuing a degree in Pharmaceutical Chemistry. Her passions include 80's rock music and getting as many food samples as she can at Costco.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!