samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Losing Motivation? Get the Tools You Need to Succeed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

We’re halfway through the quarter, and things are beginning to get a bit bland. You may have done badly on a recent midterm or stopped paying much attention in some of your lectures because the material is dry now. However, this doesn’t mean that your motivation has to diminish just because things are mellowing out. Adding small things to your daily routine can help you push a little harder.

1. Buy fun study supplies.

Having cute study materials will make taking notes or making flashcards more enjoyable. The MU Bookstore has a variety of cool study tools that can raise your spirit. I recently discovered that they sell mini neon notecards that are ideal for writing down study terms. These are more fun than regular, boring flashcards because they are fun-sized and bright! The bookstore also has a variety of gel pens, mechanical pencils, highlighters, notebooks, and post-its that will not only make you more organized, but also more excited about doing work!

2. Make a new friend in your boring class, and study together.

Classmates can be great motivators, especially when you’re struggling! Not only will you make a new friend; you can quiz each other, study together, and compare answers.  

3. Reward yourself when you finish things.

When you finish an assignment, go get a little treat for yourself like boba or coffee. If you don’t want to leave your house, you can buy a bag of M&Ms and treat yourself with one piece of candy after every math problem you do. These little actions will make you less stressed and studying more fun! 

My name is Rojan Zarei and I am a second year Managerial Economics major at UC Davis. I've found a passion in getting to know who I am, learning about life, and sharing that with others! What better way to do that than write about what I've learned so others can hopefully benefit from it as well!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!