January Premiere Dates (for My Fellow Binge-Watchers)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

As a professional binge-watcher, I’ve come to realize that one of the most irritating things for me is finishing every show I’ve loved halfway through break. It’s a tempting cycle, really; you catch up to one, finish another, and begin an entirely new series the moment you run out of options.

For those who know my struggle, I’ve compiled a list of premiere dates for every season and mid-season premiere coming out this January (feeding your TV addiction, you’re welcome). A tribute in celebration of more episodes of our favorite shows, it includes some of my addictions as well as others I’ve been told to look out for. Mark your calendars, and enjoy!

1. Black Mirror

Full Season 4

Premiere Date: December 29, 2017

Where to Watch: Netflix

This came out late December, but is still a recent must-watch. This season, as a group, is probably my favorite out of the four.

2. The Bachelor

Season 22, Episode 1

Premiere Date: January 1, 2018

Where to Watch: ABC, xfinityoncampus.com

I also began this one over winter break (it’s such a guilty pleasure). It’s so entertaining, yet frankly stupid at the same time. Love it.

3. The Blacklist

Season 5, Episode 9

Premiere Date: January 3, 2018

Where to Watch: NBC, xfinityoncampus.com

I still need to catch up on this show, but its mid-season premiere came out January 3rd!

4. The Flash

Season 4, Episode 10

Premiere Date: January 16, 2018

Where to Watch: The CW, xfinityoncampus.com

I personally haven’t started this series yet, but my roommates are obsessed. I’m just assuming it’s great since I fully trust their judgment.

5. Riverdale

Season 2, Episode 10

Premiere Date: January 17, 2018

Amusing and easily addicting, the cast is just as great as the show itself. Pretty much all I need to say.

6. Grey’s Anatomy

Season 14, Episode 9

Premiere Date: January 18, 2018

People are surprised by how dedicated I am to this show, but here I am, 14 seasons in, and still going strong.

7. How to Get Away with Murder

Season 4, Episode 9

Premiere Date: January 18, 2018

The first time I binge-watched this, I felt like I was about to have a miniature heart attack every other episode (but in a totally great way).

8. Supernatural

Season 13, Episode 10

Premiere Date: January 18, 2018

I need to catch up on this show too, but it’s still a keeper!

9. Jane the Virgin

Season 4, Episode 9

Premiere Date: January 26, 2018

Funny, sometimes emotional, and super entertaining, this show has me and my best girlfriends obsessed.

Cover image source: Pexels

Krisi is a second year at UC Davis, born and raised in southern California. Despite aspiring to pursue a career in medicine, she enjoys using both writing and music as her creative outlet. She is a free spirit- an avid lover of traveling and finding new places. Always spoiling her friends through cooking and baking, she takes pleasure in sharing her hobbies and experiences with others.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!