etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Is it Easier to Drink Your Nutrients?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

It might be alarming to find out how many college students actually make an effort to get in their key nutrients every day. We always complain that we don’t have enough time to do everything we want, so making sure we get proper vitamins from fruits and vegetables probably isn’t at the top of our priority list. But have you ever considered drinking these important nutrients?

Making smoothies or juicing vegetables can go a long way in your diet and can save you a significant amount of time and effort. Throwing a few of your favorite fruits into the blender can be very easy if you just have the right ingredients. Here are some of the benefits that come with drinking your nutrients:

1.      It saves you time

This method of taking in key nutrients saves you time in the long run because you don’t have to think of different ways to incorporate different flavors into your meals. You can just throw in everything at once and be done for the day! Drink all of your daily fruits like bananas, strawberries, mangos, etc.

2.      It can make doing homework more fun

If you find yourself getting bored or falling asleep while reading that long microeconomics textbook, you’ll find this very rewarding. As a student, when you have a drink to sip on while doing work, it adds some excitement to the process. So, next time you start studying, run to the kitchen and make a quick smoothie—it’ll give you motivation to pull through your heavy workload.

3.      You can experiment

You don’t only have to make yourself smoothies or other drinks, you can try blending up some fruits and freezing them to make popsicles! They’re easy to make, and perfect for the hot weather.

If you’re feeling really creative you can try making a puree or a sauce for your next pasta dish. First blend up vegetables and greens like carrots, tomatoes, and cilantro and pour it on top of your cooked noodles for a bit more flavor. You can try this with fried rice, on top of chicken, and more!

My name is Rojan Zarei and I am a second year Managerial Economics major at UC Davis. I've found a passion in getting to know who I am, learning about life, and sharing that with others! What better way to do that than write about what I've learned so others can hopefully benefit from it as well!
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!