This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

As an avid music fan, I am always trying to find new artists to listen to. Delving into new music, sounds, lyrics, and genres allows for me to experience a wide variety of perspectives and spaces and gives me the ability to be in tune with new emotions that I find so valuable. I view new music recommendations as a new story, adventure, and encounter that can change my life for the better. 

Below are a few artists that you should definitely consider checking out if you are in the mood for new music recommendations!

Tinashe

Tinashe is an iconic artist. From her performance ability to her incredible dance moves, and beautiful voice. She really encompasses the true meaning of “artist.” Her latest release, 333, may be her most incredible album so far. A favorite song of mine is “The Chase.” The sound and production on this song are so incredibly beautiful it makes you want to keep the song on repeat. When you include the element of her voice in this song, it only elevates the song as a whole. “The Chase” became one of my instant favorites on the album and witnessing it live made me appreciate the song all the more. Some other songs on the album that you should also check out are “Pasadena,” “Last Call,” “Bouncin,” and “Small Reminders.” She truly is a dynamic artist who does not limit herself to one specific genre. 

DPR Live 

DPR Live is a South Korean rapper and the letters in the name stand for “Dream Perfect Regime.” DPR’s works range through a whole list of genres with hip hop being the core of his artistry. If you are looking to delve into something new and fresh then definitely check his new EP named I!te Cool. All the songs are so distinct and different but they work together in a cohesive manner to bring you a memorable experience that will have you wanting to listen to the whole EP multiple times. One of my personal favorites was “Yellow Cab.” The production of this song is immaculate. The lyrics as well as the sensual vocals are both effortless and bold. The whole EP shows the incredible creative versatility that DPR has as an artist. 

Hope Tala 

Hope Tala is a relatively new London-based artist whose style is so incredibly unique. Her voice can transport you to an entirely different landscape and her storytelling ability in her songs are both captivating and mesmerizing to listen to. She is an evocative artist who can leave you intrigued as a listener as the melodies that are played in her songs are both fierce and sensual. A song I personally love of hers is “All My Girls Love To Fight.” This song is incredibly empowering and the message of women having strength and agency is so beautiful and euphoric. 

BIBI

BIBI is a Korean artist whose style is very unique and eccentric. “The Weekend” is a catchy and addictive bop, and BIBI shows how effortless she is as an artist as she doesn’t hold herself back from trying new sounds and styles. She is still a rising artist but her music shows how she is not holding herself down to one specific genre. She is pushing boundaries and creating her own distinct sound. 

I always love venturing into new music and finding more artists to listen to as it helps me broaden my horizons as a listener. I hope you enjoy some of these recommendations as I know their songs definitely elevated my playlists!

Ritobrita Mishra is a fourth year majoring in both English and Cinema Digital Media.