Courtney Mitchener ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Name: Courtney Mitchener

Year: 3rd year

Major: Nutrition Science

Hometown: Danville, CA

Relationship Status: Single

DAVIS:

What are you involved with on campus? I’m the secretary of the Student ABIDE (association of body image and disordered eating) organization. I work for undergraduate education proctoring tests and the Mondavi Center artist services

Where are you on a typical Friday night? Most likely with my favorite fraternity, the brothers of Chi Phi.

Best class at UC Davis: Honestly my favorite class seems to be whatever I am taking at the time because every class here is amazing. If I had to choose, I would have to say my favorite class thus far may have to be NPB 101. Though I did not perform as well as I had hoped, the amount of information I took away from the class was greater than I could have ever imagined.

ABOUT:

Favorite show to binge watch while procrastinating? Modern Family for the win. Phil Dunphy is my spirit animal.

Favorite food: When I was younger my favorite foods were rice, strawberries and ice. I thought I was cool trying to rhyme.

Favorite study spot: Third floor of the library in the left wing. Can’t explain it but that is my place.

Guilty pleasure: I would have to say binging on popcorn and Netflix, let’s be real, who doesn’t want to “Netflix and chill”.

Song you have on repeat: Pretty much any Major Lazer song, because who doesn’t love a bionic man who wants to free the universe.

DATING:

What’s your biggest turn-off? Turn on? I do not like when people assume they know me even when we have barely spoken but I like when people try and get to know me on more than a superficial level.

First Thing You Notice About Your Date? If I ever was to go on a date probably their demeanor towards myself and others in the room.

Ideal First Date: HA. Dating? Welcome to 2015 where “Netflix and chill” is the new “dating”.  Ideal first date would be actually going on a date.

Enya Meng is a junior at UC Davis studying Clinical Nutrition with a minor in English. She aspires to become a registered dietitian working with patients with eating disorders. Her favorite things to do include reading, writing short stories, and experimenting with new recipes.
Megan Taylor Hartenstein is an English major and Women's Studies minor at the University of California, Davis. Give her something to write with, and she'll create a masterpiece. While she loves journalism and writing short stories, her dream is to become a television or film writer. Megan is a proud feminist, and loves to incorporate feminist principles in everything she writes.