Baking With Bridget: Leftover Halloween Candy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Halloween is over, but your candy supply is infinite. Try these post-Halloween desserts to get rid of it a lot faster!

Twix Cheesecake Pie

What You’ll Need:

• 2 bars of cream cheese (8 oz. each), at room temperature
  • ½ cup sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 22 Twix Fun Size Bars (16 grams each, about 2 & 3/4 cups total), chopped
  • 1 Kraft Oreo cookie piecrust

Directions:

1. Heat oven to 325º F. With an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and eggs on medium-high until smooth. Mix in 2 cups of the chopped Twix bars. Pour the mixture into the piecrust.
  2. Bake the pie until set, 40 to 45 minutes; let cool.
  3. Sprinkle the pie with the remaining Twix bars and chill until firm, 8 to 10 hours.

Frozen Peanut Butter Cup Banana Pops

What You’ll Need:

• 2 bananas, peeled and halved crosswise
  • 4 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
  • 6 ounces chocolate, chopped

Directions:

1. Insert a wooden stick into each banana half. Freeze the bananas and the peanut butter cups for 2 hours.
  2. Meanwhile, heat the chocolate in a heatproof bowl until melted.
  3. Chop the frozen peanut butter cups. Line a plate with parchment paper.
  4. Coat the frozen bananas in the melted chocolate. Sprinkle with the chopped peanut butter cups. Freeze on the prepared plate until firm, 4 to 5 minutes.

Candy Corn Bark

What You’ll Need:

• ½ pound white chocolate, chopped
  • 1 cup miniature pretzels
  • ½ cup candy corn
  • ⅓ cup dried cranberries

Directions:

1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on 2 sides.
  2. Heat the chocolate in a heatproof bowl in microwave.
  3. Spread the chocolate in the prepared pan and sprinkle with the pretzels, candy corn, and dried cranberries. Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
  4. Remove the bark from the pan and break into pieces.
Bridget is a second year student at UC Davis with a passion for fashion and writing. She is involved in the Student Fashion Association and hopes that her love for fashion shows through her blog and #OOTD posts. :) She is also a diehard San Francisco Giants fan and enjoys watching baseball, basketball, and football in her free time.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!