This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

Because Halloween and midterms fall on the same week, we never have time to do any cool Halloween crafts. Thankfully, there are few really cute crafts that take absolutely no time at all.

How to Make Glittered Pumpkins

This is a SUPER easy way to decorate if you don’t have enough time to carve a pumpkin. All you have to do is apply some adhesive to your pumpkin. This tutorial uses spray adhesive, but  Modge Podge works too. Throw some glitter on it, and you’ve got yourself a masterpiece!

Melted Crayon Pumpkins

We’ve all seen the melted crayons on canvas. It’s the definition of “easy art,” so why not take advantage during this most beloved holiday? Take a break from studying for those midterms, go get a pumpkin, some crayons, and melt those bad boys to make the coolest pumpkin on the block.

Fun Halloween Magnets

Instead of throwing your bottle caps away, turn them into adorable Halloween magnets. You  only need five items: bottle caps, paint, a Sharpie, magnets, and a hot glue gun.

DIY Lace Candles

These candles can put just about anyone in the Halloween spirit! The tutorial recommends sewing the edges of the lace together, but if you don’t have that much time on your hands,  put Modge Podge around the outside of the glass candle holder and apply the lace. There, that was easy.

Autumn Leaf Mason Jar Candle Holder

These candle holders are SO cute and festive. Getting the leaves to stick to the jar sounds frustrating and tedious, but the outcome is worth it.

Tin Can Lanterns

Jack-o-lanterns are fun, but if you don’t have time to make one,  punch a few holes into a tin can and place a candle inside. If you want to mix it up, you can carve the phrase “Trick or Treat” and paint the outside of the can black. 

Melissa is currently an English major at the University of California, Davis and, in addition to this, she is pursuing a minor in Economics. Melissa currently has a part-time job on campus in addition to writing for hercampus.com. You can follow her on instagram at melissa_hosking
Megan Taylor Hartenstein is an English major and Women's Studies minor at the University of California, Davis. Give her something to write with, and she'll create a masterpiece. While she loves journalism and writing short stories, her dream is to become a television or film writer. Megan is a proud feminist, and loves to incorporate feminist principles in everything she writes.