Wellness

5 Ways to Boost Your Confidence This Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UCD chapter.

With the holidays coming up, and the rainy weather about to start pouring down, it’s important to consider which things will boost your mood. These are a few tips to help you become more confident and own this upcoming rainy season.

1. Change up your hair

Whether it be cutting it or dying it, you need to switch up your hair routine. Giving yourself an entirely new look can really help get you through the rainy season. When you look confident, you feel confident. Try dying it a darker color for the winter, or even getting a cute cut that changes your whole perspective.

2. Get a new piercing

If I was ranking these tips from top to bottom, this would be the absolute most important. Every time I get a new piercing, my confidence skyrockets. If you’re not sure which one to get, I would always recommend your nose. I personally feel like piercings just tie everything together, and if worst comes to worst and you hate it, you take it out and it will close.

3. Go shopping

I know what you’re thinking: there are no places to shop in Davis. However, there are so many good thrift stores in Sac. You could take a trip with your friends on the weekend (or week if you’re feeling bold) to Sacramento to go thrifting. It changes your entire mood toward your outfits, and it fits our college budgets!

4. Start going to the gym a little more

Emphasis on a little more, not a lot more. Chances are, if you have the time and effort, you’re probably already going to some extent. Pushing yourself to go more than you normally do (a healthy amount) will help you spend your time productively as the rain is pouring down. Going to the gym is about gaining more energy and feeling better throughout your entire day.

5. Cook nice meals for yourself

If there’s any reason to stop eating out and start cooking, it’s having the colder weather upon us. Warm meals make college feel more like home, and it probably makes you feel better inside, too. You need to treat yourself by showing your body that you care about her as much as she does about you!

All in all, with the winter weather upon us, the main point of this all is to take care of yourself. Treating your body right should be year-round, but it does just feel easier in the winter when there’s less to do. These tips will not only help you feel more confident, but will also make your body thank you come spring!

Abby is a fourth year at the University of California, Davis majoring in Human Development and Psychology. She enjoys music, spending time with friends, the outdoors, and writing.
This is the UCD Contributor page from University of California, Davis!