This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Dear girls,
    I am glad to say that it is self awareness month! As this is a women’s magazine it is crucial that we talk about the importance of loving oneself, being healthy, and of course fabulous. As a writer I pledge to always respect myself, never be talked into something I would not want to do, and to always be safe (practice safe sex). It is important to remind yourself that you are your own person and that you are in control. Tip for flaws (It’s best to say this in front of a mirror) repeat as needed- I (your name), am beautiful. and I will always love myself unconditionally. My advice to every girl out there is to love yourself because if you can not love yourself then you definitely are not ready to love anyone else. Based on my own experiences, in some cases it is best to put yourself before others. Never let anyone put you down or make you feel horrible about yourself because they have no right to.

If you know someone that is struggling or you yourself are in this position, then feel free to reach out to me for advice in the comment section below.

Love,
  Me

Nicole Martinez

UC Riverside

Nicole is a senior at UC Riverside where she is majoring in Media and Culture studies. She co-founded the Her Campus UC Riverside chapter her sophomore year in college. She loves to spend her free time watching The Mindy Project, Girls, Pretty Little Liars, and other shows with leading ladies. She also dabbles on tumblr, instagram (obviwearetheladies), and twitter. Mindy Kailing and Shoshanna are her spirit animals and in the near future she hopes to achieve elite status on Yelp, pursue a career in Public Relations and ultimately conquer the world.