stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

How to Transition into the New School Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

(Photo by Tumblr)

1. Be Curious

It can be easy to get back into the flow of school and a routine. Sitting in lecture all day long can be boring, so stay, curious about on-campus clubs or social events. College is a time for exploration, and without curiosity your college years can become stagnant. Challenge yourself to be curious and open to new experiences. You can do this by going to office hours with your favorite professor, or take an elective class on a topic that interests you.

(Photo by Medium)

2. Step Outside Your Comfort Zone 

After a long summer, it can be hard to jump back into class. You can often become prone to sleeping and relaxing. You only have these four years once in a lifetime. Think about the things you’ve been wanting to do, but kept putting on the back burner. Is it hitting the gym more often and achieving that dream body? Is it speaking up more in class? Whatever it is, put your mind to it and say daily affirmations to yourself. You can do it!

(Photo by Fortune)

3. Do Things You Love 

You can get lost in all of the textbooks and easily lose sight of the things you need to get done. Plan out a list of all the interests and hobbies you want to do. Team up with a partner or someone around you and keep each other accountable. You can do by creating an accountability system between you and one other person. In this way you’ll be able to check up on each other and remind each other due dates. It’ll be like an academic accountability but a motivation system so y’all can both achieve what you love.

(Photo by Mentalfloss)

4. Have a Moment to Yourself 

School can get busy and you can get so occupied in the hustle bustle of being a college student. There’s so much to balance, and it can sometimes feel overwhelming. Give yourself room to recharge. Show yourself kindness. You can do this by writing or watching a netflix series, or just something else for yourself. Have time to breathe and take in all that you have learned. 

In the hustle and bustle of school work and socializing it can be easy to lose sight of who you are. You want to claim your inner purpose and challenge yourself to be the best version of you. College goes by fast and you want to maximize these fours years!

Yale Chung

UC Riverside '21

An artist. A learner. A proclaimer. Lover of words and empowerment. In my free time I enjoy listening to personalized narratives and petting my dogs. I am a firm believer in freestyle dance and ice cream.