Career

How I Set My Intentions & Manifestations for Each Month

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

As the new month of May is approaching us very soon, I like to plan out what I want to achieve or manifest before the upcoming month begins. I began practicing the act of writing down my intentions and manifestations at the beginning of this year and wanted to share how I do this every month and how it has personally benefited me. 

planner picture
Photo by Alexa Williams from Unsplash
To start off, I grab my designated journal for manifesting and anything to write with. I then begin to think of what I want to accomplish or see for the upcoming month. Once I have my clear ideas in my mind, I title the entry “Intentions for ____ (whichever month)” and bullet point my way down the page. The key to manifesting or writing intentions is to phrase them as though you already have what you’re manifesting. For example, back when I was applying to be a writer for HerCampus and applying to be a poetry editor for a zine, as I was waiting for the confirmation emails, I wrote down “I’m grateful that I got the writer position and enjoy writing for HC.” and “I enjoy my position as a poetry editor.” Funny enough & shortly after, I ended up getting both positions and felt so much reassurance and gratitude. Once I’m finished jotting them down, I always end every entry by thanking the universe. 

Woman journaling
Photo by Alexandra Fuller from Unsplash
Intentions can consist of anything and can be even the smallest things you want to happen or attract into your life. For April, the intentions I wrote down were to write more and accept/attract new relationships with people, and I actually did end up writing way more and even ended up meeting someone new & going on one of the best dates I have ever been on. This made me excited to see what’s to come in May and I finally started my entry for it! 

My friend and I actually began to make this a monthly tradition for us where we Facetime each other while we both pull out our notebook/journal to discuss and write what we want to manifest or create intentions for. When the two of us are finished writing them down, we take turns to read them aloud to each other. It’s honestly quite fun because I like to hear what we want to accomplish and we really always want the best for each other. 

Woman with curly hair waving and saying hi to someone through her laptop.
Photo by Yan from Pexels
Once I began to set my intentions and manifestations for each new month, I started to feel like I had a bit more structure and guidance in my life. At first, it was hard for me to believe that manifesting would have any benefits for me, but it shocked me so much because it actually works. There’s just something about writing things down that makes these intentions feel more certain and real, and looking back to read them after the month ends is satisfying because some (not all) of my manifestations come to life and make me feel so much better. It also helps in making the upcoming month feel like a reset or a new start, which is always refreshing because I think it’s always great to welcome in the new and any changes that will aid in my growth. 

Jasmine Aguirre

UC Riverside '21

Hi! I'm Jasmine (Jay) & I'm a 4th year Media & Cultural Studies major. I aspire to communicate through written word, in hopes that we can all learn something along the way & I love sharing all of my interests. I have a huge passion for anything music related, as I want to someday become a music journalist.