Here Are A Few Ways to Make This the Best Summer Ever

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

Without a doubt, the year is flying by so fast! Spring break has come and gone, and now we’re just counting down the weeks until the school year is over. Summer will soon be upon us, and I can’t wait to make the most of it! The anticipation is high for most students, and I think it’s safe to say we all need a break. Here are a few things to do to get you in the summertime mood with activities you can look forward to doing.

(Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash)

Internships

If you want to make the most out of your summer, and be productive in terms of your career, doing an internship is the way to go. One of the things I am hoping to accomplish this summer is to complete an internship that is in my career field, that will help me grow in my field. This is a great way to not only gain more experience, but to network and socialize with potential employers. It’s also a great way to be social and productive during the summer, and get outdoors most of the week.

(Photo by Kong Jun on Unsplash)

Beaches, Parks, Lakes, Theme Parks

One of the best ways about summer is the endless chances you have to have some fun in the sun. Whether you go with friends, family or even alone, the beach (or park, lake, theme park, ect) is the perfect way to spend your day. Have a blast soaking up some sun, cooling off in the water, enjoying nature, or the thrill of roller coasters. I would recommend going to a beach that has a pier or boardwalk, that way you can enjoy the water and also a mini theme park.

(Photo by Street Food Cinema)

Experience Movies In All Kinds of Ways

Summer is also the time of the year when movie theaters are at their peaks. All kinds of new movies are released, and it’s a great way to spend a few hours of your day. While I do enjoy going to the theaters, these past few years I’ve spent my summer watching movies in alternative places. The summer is also the point in the year when outdoor cinemas have most of their showings. While they start in the spring, summer is definitely their peak time. You can enjoy watching a movie outdoors – picnic style, on a cool Hollywood or DTLA rooftop, drive-ins, or even at a cemetary!

*keep an eye out for my article next week on where to get these very cool experiences!

(Photo by Ben Duchac on Unsplash)

Picnics, Bonfires, Camping

You don’t need to spend an abundance of money this summer to enjoy it! I think the best way to truly enjoy your summer is to spend time with the people you care about and have fun with. You can make some snacks, grab some blankets, and drinks and enjoy a little picnic in the sun with your friends. It’s a great way to catch up, de-stress, and give yourself some peace. These picnics can also turn into late night bonfires with your friends. Enjoy the day and night with the people you love. And if you’re feeling like doing a little more than this, you can combine the two on a camping trip! Bond with your friends in the sun and under the stars with a picnic and bonfire at a campsite. This is a great way to make amazing memories this summer.

Regardless of what you choose to do, the summer is filled with endless possibilities. Try to make the most of it, it can be the best summer ever. Summer 2019 is yours!

Emily Villanueva

UC Riverside '20

This year's current Social Media Director and Co-Editor @ Her Campus UCR! UCR Alumna - Creative Writing major with a minor in Theatre, Film and Digital Production. You'll find me in my element when traveling, writing, taking photos, watching 80's films and listening to oldies. I strive to work in the film industry as a screenwriter, or work in the entertainment industry as a whole. I hope my work inspires you, or is helpful!
Hi, I'm Savannah. I'm currently a Senior at UCRiveride studying Sociology. After graduation, I'm looking into doing Public Relations with a media and entertainment company. My favorite things to do are find the best shopping deals and go on road trips.