Reading For School
Reading For School
Anna Thetard / Her Campus
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

It’s that time of the quarter where everyone is paying the price of procrastination if you are like me, the CEO of procrastination, or just prepping for last week midterms followed by the dreaded word in college – finals. Finals week is coming up and I am here to remind you that among all the rush, you need to take care of yourself. The burnout is REAL. 

I never believed it before until I fell sick with a fever and sore throat thirty minutes before my organic chemistry midterm. Guess what? Pulling all nighters only gets you sick, and it certainly doesn’t help you do well on your test. Ladies, I know grades are important (and finals), but among all this our mental health is too. The stress of finals week should not prevent us from sleeping well and taking care of ourselves. The stress is not worth it because you end up destroying your health. 

white ceramic mug on white table beside black eyeglasses
Unsplash

No matter what happens on finals, you are smart and you should just know that you tried your level best. I know that sounds cliche and it’s not enough, but the cost stress and anxiety tolls on our health is not worth the grade. So, all of those who are on the edge of getting an A, or just trying to pass a hard class like organic chemistry, if you put your mind to it, you can get that grade. 

people sitting in chairs and taking notes
The Climate Reality Project on Unsplash

And even if you don’t, that should not stop you from pursuing your goals. There’s always a way to get to your goals no matter how many steps you have to take back. Again, this sounds cliche, but honestly this goes for everybody. If you truly want something you will get it. Just ask yourself, how hard are you willing to work for it? Are you going to let a few setbacks stop you from achieving your goals? So ladies, work hard but do not stress or let the anxiety get to you. We are all smart, and we can do good during finals week.  Good luck on finals!!

Rithika Nair

UC Riverside '21

Hi, I am a 21 year old college student attending UCR who loves movies, books and adventures! :P