This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Riverside chapter.

The holiday season is filled with opportunities to make all kinds of recipes. Winter and baking go hand in hand because there are a lot of baked treats that are naturally associated with the holidays. Gingerbread cookies and pumpkin pies are some that come to mind. Here are a few other recipes that also belong in that category.

Snickerdoodle Bread

Snickerdoodles are a staple cookie when it comes to baking. They are easy to bake and universally loved year-round. If you are looking for a different take on the popular cookie, this snickerdoodle bread recipe is for you. With strong cinnamon flavors mixed with moist bread, snickerdoodle bread is bound to become a favorite at any dinner table. 

Molasses Cookies 

Basic gingerbread cookies are amazing and a classic for a reason. Molasses and spices, such as ground cloves and ginger, give it a lot of its defining taste. Therefore, molasses cookies are a perfect alternative if you want to bake something a little more low-maintenance. Less time chilling in the refrigerator means the cookies take less time to make, and there is no need to roll out the dough to cut it into shapes. Once the dough is chilled, you can place them on a baking sheet and send them to the oven. 

Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies

Levain Bakery is one of New York’s most well known bakeries with locations in various cities on the east coast. There are several copycat recipes that exist online that come out eerily similar to the ones sold at the bakery itself. This recipe provides a great guide on how to recreate the cookie, making it a wonderful treat during this time of year.

Baking is a hobby that can be done year round, but there is something special about creating baked items when it is cold outside and the holidays are approaching. Whether you are making one of these recipes for a family gathering or just for yourself, if you are interested in baking a new recipe there is no better time than now.

Alyssa Gordon

UC Riverside '24

Hi, I'm Alyssa! I'm a fourth-year Media and Cultural Studies major with an English minor. I love anything pop culture and baking related. When I'm not writing, I can be found reading or rewatching episodes of my favorite 2010's sitcoms.