taylor thoman DSC_2321
taylor thoman DSC_2321
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Health

Here Are 3 YouTube Dance Workout Channels That Actually Make Fitness Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

Do you cringe at the idea of working out at a gym or are you getting tired of your regular treadmill routine? Would you rather listen to bops while dancing around in the privacy of your room to get some cardio in? Then my friends, turn to the wonderful world of YouTube dance fitness videos. Here are 3 great channels you should check out for tons of free and fun workouts! 

She\'s The Man gif
Giphy

1. The Fitness Marshall

This was the first channel that got me into this whole genre of workouts. The main fitness guru, Caleb Marshall, is hilarious and the graphics that come up in the videos are entertaining. Each video of his has simple but fabulous choreography that goes along with a pop song. I recommend to you his “7 Rings – Ariana Grande | Caleb Marshall | Dance Workout” video because of the golden moment where he and his backup dancers body roll and grab the air as he shouts “Grab what you want–come here Shawn Mendes!” Videos like that are the reason why I stan this channel. 

2. Fit Body by Ashley

Come to this channel for more intense, high energy dance workouts. Ashley, the channel creator is so full of joy that you can’t help but smile through her videos. She has a variety of dance genres in her videos, like Latin dance, hip hop and Afrobeats-inspired dance as well as a wide range of video lengths. I love her Beyonce Dance Workout [COACHELLA inspired] | Dance like QUEEN B! video inspired by Beyonce’s Coachella performance in 2018 (aka Beychella). It’ll make you feel fierce af, even if you’re doing it in your sweats in your dorm room.   

3. MYLEE Dance

If you want to pretend like you’re a cool dancer in a real studio, MYLEE’s your girl. Her channel’s videos feature pop songs, fresh choreo and cute matching fits of her and her backup dancers. There are lots of great options on her channel to choose from, some of which have millions of views. A newer one that you can check out is her “[Dance Workout] Justin Bieber – Yummy | MYLEE Cardio Dance Workout, Dance Fitness”. Her moves are so smooth and satisfying to do that you’ll forget how bad of a song “Yummy” is (sorry Belebers). 

Reiko Inoue

UC Irvine '23

Reiko is a second year Literary Journalism and Political Science student at the University of California, Irvine. She can be found trying to dance along to choreography videos online (and failing), listening to "Rainbow Connection" by Kermit the Frog, or stalking the makeup and skincare aisles of Target.