The Exit Game #2: New Digital Challenge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

After our failed attempt to escape from “The Lab” challenge room a few months ago, Jeff Hsin, owner of the The Exit Game, invited us to come back and try his new escape room called “The A.I.” We briefly discussed about this new room in the previous article, and now that it has finished, we were able to take on the challenge after only seeing a sneak peek.

(Photo courtesy: Jeff Hsin)

“The A.I.” is a digitally interactive escape room that may be smaller than the other rooms, but requires a tremendous amount of thinking involving computers. Not only are you cracking computers, you’re also using virtual keys to unlock doors, and discovering hidden passwords. It’s still a very interactive experience that will require you to be in multiple places at once, not just in front of a screen.

(Photo courtesy: Jeff Hsin)

The premise of this room is to help your friend, Jonathan Adams, a software engineer, who was forced to disappear after being accused of a massive digital attack on the government. He left clues for you in his studio to help clear his name, but you’ll have to cooperate with Ada, his digital assistant. But be careful, because you wouldn’t want to get on her bad side.

(Photo courtesy: Jeff Hsin)

Instead of just the two of us, we teamed up with five new comrades. Before our mission, we had to wait in the lounge and that gave us time to play an icebreaker game to develop a sense of teamwork. The Exit Game is very well thought out, and Jeff will make sure you have a truly unforgettable experience as you undergo an hour of puzzles and adventure.

(Photo courtesy: Jeff Hsin)

With only ten minutes to spare, we managed to get onto The Exit Game Wall of Fame. Having a larger group definitely helped us and added to the overall experience of trying to help your comrades break out of the room before it’s supposed to “blow up.” Our well-earned victory will always be remembered as our picture joined the other teams that have successfully escaped Jeff’s newest challenge room.

After escaping “The A.I.,” Jeff gave us a real sneak peek into the new Harry Potter escape room that he and his team are currently working on. To prevent the risk of solutions leaking out, and to keep the idea of the escape room fresh, Jeff and his team are always creating new rooms and concepts so that even former Exit Gamers can return and still escape from a new room. For Harry Potter fans, look forward to transporting by floo powder, wand fights, and talking to moving paintings.

Deanna graduated from UCI in 2017 with a double major in English and Literary Journalism, and an Emphasis in Creative Writing. She was part of Her Campus from 2014-2016 and became one of the two editors for her chapter. A geek at heart, she loves going to conventions, plays video games, and follows up on nerdy news. In the foreseeable future, she aims to become an author, write for a video game company, and travel to Japan to do some more writing there, all of which are listed in no particular order.
Priscilla is currently studying English and Literary Journalism with an Emphasis on Creative Writing. She has been writing for Her Campus since 2014 and is now one of the two leading editors of her chapter. Besides writing, she enjoys archery, learning Dutch, trying out new foods, and hiking. After graduating, she plans to publish a book series for young adults.
...