This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Irvine chapter.

If you have ever used a lip scrub, you know how effective they are in leaving your lips feeling soft and smooth. Lip scrubs are a great way to rejuvenate chapped or dry lips, and the best part is that they can be made from ingredients you have at home! Here is a tutorial on how to make a homemade honey coconut lip scrub.

Materials Needed:

• Coconut Oil
  • Honey
  • Sugar
  • Small Container
  • Optional: Food Coloring

Steps:

1. Combine 1 tbsp of coconut oil and 1 tbsp of honey in a small bowl
  2. Mix in 2 tbsps of sugar (or until you reach your desired consistency)
  3. Optional: Add a few drops of food coloring to change the color of your scrub
  4. Pour into small container and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks

To use:

Apply a small amount of the scrub onto your lips and simply rub it in with your fingertip. This will get rid of any dead skin and leave your lips feeling smooth. Wash off remaining substance with water, then moisturize with lip balm.

Photo Sources: (1, 2, 3)

Natalia Cabrera

UC Irvine '18

Hi! My name is Nat and I am a third year student at UC Irvine. I'm proud to call sunny Los Angeles my hometown.  I love being a tourist in my own city; going to museums, trying new places to eat, and exploring locations for cute photo-ops! 
Hello! My name is Shary. I'm a student at UC Irvine with a passion for film, writing and graphic design.