This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Do you find yourself being fully aware of your multiple deadlines coming up and still not starting your assignments? Maybe you find yourself thinking that you can just start them later. When “later” comes, you tell yourself that you’ll get started tomorrow. Before you know it, you have less than 24 hours to complete one assignment. I’ve been guilty of being in this exact situation many times. Luckily, there are so many amazing apps to help combat procrastination. Here are some that I recommend:

#1: Flora

This is an app that allows users to grow virtual plants. To virtually plant a seed, set a timer for how long you want to focus. Once it starts you can’t go on any other app, unless you pause the timer. If you venture onto other apps, your virtual plant will die. If you are easily distracted by your phone and if you think that keeping virtual plants alive will motivate you to continue studying, download this app ASAP. You can also add your friends to the app, which lets you see when they are working. 

COVID
Photo by United Nations COVID-19 Response from Unsplash

#2: Study Bunny

This is one of the cutest apps out there. Study Bunny is bound to keep you motivated to do your work and stay focused. This app gives you a free, adorable virtual study buddy, which, you guessed it, is a bunny. You can name your bunny and take care of it like you would with an actual pet bunny. Set a timer for how long you want to focus and once it’s over, you receive coins that you can spend to care for (and spoil) your bunny. 

#3: Notion

This app and website is personally one of my all-time favorites. You essentially can plan out your entire life with Notion. With so many features and templates available, the possibilities on how to format your lists are endless. Two amazing Notion templates that I recommend everyone check out are from YouTubers twirlingpages and revisign

Original Illustration Designed in Canva for Her Campus Media

#4: MinimaList

If you are looking to make a simple to-do list, then this is the app for you! Just like its name, this app is very minimal in how it’s formatted. All you have to do is add some tasks and you’re all set! Click on a task and a Pomodoro timer will start counting down. As soon as it starts, the app will remind you to get off your device.

#5: Focus To-Do

This is another helpful app that allows you to list your tasks and set a Pomodoro timer for them. Something that I really like about this app is that it allows you to set the amount of Pomodoro timers that you think it will take to complete a certain task. This way, you can figure out a schedule for completing each item on your to-do list. Another feature that I like is that the app lets you group tasks into different categories. This app also lets you track the amount of time you’re focused.

Brianna Astorga

UC Berkeley '21

Brianna is a senior at UC Berkeley studying Media Studies and Sociology. She loves binge watching shows on Netflix, reading fantasy novels, and is obsessed with Taylor Swift's latest album.
Hi my name is Monica Morales and I am a sophomore at UC Berkeley. I am majoring in Media Studies and hope to one day work in television or for Vogue magazine. I love to travel and I love sports. I am currently a student ambassador for both Bobble water bottles and for sports app Fancred.