Wellness

The List of Things You Can Do Instead of Stressing About COVID19

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

#1: Catch up on missed shows!

kimmy schmit tv gif
Netflix / Giphy
#2: Drink water!

#3: Exercise!

woman doing yoga
Natalie Hyman
#4: Do Homework, if you’re a student (because nothing, even the end of the world, will rescue us from midterms)

#5: Read a book

#6: Play board or computer game

#7: Sleep

#8: Make your parents proud by cleaning your room/apartment

#9: Call your parents (tell them that you finally cleaned your place)

#10: Take a bubble bath

#11: Cook something. Maybe you’ll come up with a new recipe that incorporates rice and something else that you got to buy before it disappeared from grocery stores, hopefully it is not toilet paper. 

Woman slicing tomatoes
Photo by Daria Shevtsova from Pexels
#12: Meditate because there is nothing better than hearing the silence of streets that used to be busy.

#13: Start a new hobby

#14: Clean your inbox and sort your email

#14: Don’t forget to take a break and breathe. There is nothing worse for your body than you being exhausted due to stress.

Right now everyone is stressing about this new virus that continues to spread around the world. Yes, it is scary to hear about it appearing closer and closer to your home. However, you should understand that you are not alone in this matter. We are all facing it and we have a choice in the way of dealing with it. I chose to be alert, but not anxious because except washing my hands, drinking water and avoiding big gatherings of people, there is nothing I can do. That is why the last thing in my list that I chose to follow to cope with stress is…

#15: Do anything you like, just don’t check your news every second to get updated for COVID19.

A passionate and sarcastic writer-poet.
After three years at Cal, Brianna Brann graduated UC Berkeley in 2020 with a double major in Economics and Media Studies! She is originally from Santa Clarita in Southern California, but she loves the weather, nature, and people in the Bay Area. In addition to her unmatched passion for film and television, she also enjoys visiting the beach, playing with her dog, and hiking outdoors!