This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Whether it be headaches, migraines, or period cramps, I always find myself doing these four steps to bring me a bit of comfort. I can’t promise that they’re remedies, but they do help me feel slightly better and hopefully, they work for you too.

1. Take a hot shower and blow DRY your hair ASAP

I love ending my evenings with hot showers, but whenever I’m feeling super tired or sick, I take a shower as soon as I get home. Not only do I know that if I wait any longer to shower, I’d probably have no energy to do it, but I feel so much better after warming up my body. Even though using no heat is the healthiest option for drying hair, I always blow dry my hair right after to get even warmer and hop into bed without worrying about sleeping on wet hair.

2. Make a warm cup of Starbucks’ Sick Tea

Staying hydrated and warm is a must whenever we’re feeling sick. I love making Starbucks’ Sick Tea because it tastes delicious and it’s super simple to make. I also make sure to get a cup of warm water on the side just in case I get thirsty for plain water.

For the sick tea, you’ll need one pack of the Teavana Jade Citrus Mint, Green Tea With Spearmint and Lemongrass tea bag, one pack of the Teavana Peach Tranquility, Herbal Tea with Chamomile and Notes of Citrus tea bag, lemonade, and water. I usually eyeball everything, so I’ll pour some lemonade until it fills about three-quarters of my cup and I’ll add a couple of splashes of water to dilute the lemonade before popping it into the microwave.

If you don’t have these ingredients on hand, you can also grab a cup of warm water and add some honey and fresh lemon juice until it tastes good!

3. Gather everything you could possibly need for the night

What’s worse than getting super comfortable in bed and having to get up to grab something you need? Literally nothing. To prevent this, I always bundle up with an oversized hoodie, a pair of socks, and a heat pack. I also set aside some medicine and a bowl of fruits. This way, I’m prepared for anything!

4. Jump in bed and cuddling with your pets… or a pillow

There’s something about cuddling with pets that bring so much comfort whenever I need it, so grab your furry buddies, jump in bed with your favorite movie playing, and rest up! If you don’t have a pet, then grab your favorite pillow and let the snuggling begin.

Tiffany Huang

UC Berkeley '22

Tiffany is a fourth year undergraduate at UC Berkeley, pursuing a degree in Media Studies. She holds a passion in writing and loves looking into anything relating to beauty, lifestyle, and pop culture. When Tiffany is not preoccupied by any work, you can typically catch her hanging out with her friends and family or discovering new movies, tv shows, and music to binge. Tiffany is eager about sharing her thoughts on relatable topics that you could possibly resonate with or get a good laugh out of it.