Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Tennis Shoes And Water Bottle
Her Campus Media
Wellness

5 WAYS TO IMPLEMENT SELF CARE DURING EXAM SEASON 

Updated Published
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

During the busy exam season it can be difficult to remember to destress and take care of yourself. Oftentimes, one might not even know how to do so or how to keep it affordable. Self care can be a great way to reward yourself when you’re working hard. Here are five ways to show yourself some love!

1. Mini Spa Day

Whether you have all day or just a few minutes at your disposal, you can do a mini spa treatment on yourself. An at-home spa day is the perfect way to show yourself one of the love languages: physical touch. You can take a bath complete with candles, a bath bomb, and relaxing music. Another great “treatment” you can try is a moisturizing skincare routine. You can try a sheet mask and cucumbers on the eyes for ultimate relaxation!

2. Buy Yourself Flowers

Another way you can cheer yourself up is to buy yourself a small gift. Flowers are optimal for this, as their beauty can brighten up your day! You can even leave them on your study table to add some spice to a mundane study environment. For an affordable option, buy them from Trader Joe’s! If you’re not a big fan of flowers, you can buy yourself coffee or something small like earrings from a vendor on Telegraph Ave.!

3. Workout 

Depending on your energy levels and time availability, a workout is a great way to take a break from (or to start) a long day of studying. It can help reduce your stress levels and increase your endorphins, which can help you become more level-headed. If you’re not really the type of person who likes working out, you can opt for a short walk and enjoy some fresh air and nature! Walks are also a great way to just spend some quality time enjoying your own company.

4. Journal

During the exam season, our minds can often get bombarded with boundless stressful and sometimes negative thoughts. When this happens, it can be hard to be motivated and focused. Journaling is a great way to combat this. By writing your thoughts down on paper, you can organize and release them. Journaling can help you have an organized thought process, instead of mindlessly jumping from thought to thought, and it’s a great way to relieve stress. 

5. Cook/Bake for Yourself

When you have a bit of time to spare, a great way to treat yourself is cooking or baking something you love. Not only is a nice homemade meal healthy, but the process of creating it comes with its own fun. Not to mention that you’ll feel good about yourself afterwards! Whether you do this with friends or by yourself, it’s a guaranteed mood booster!

Sanjana is a senior at UC Berkeley majoring in Cognitive Science. She enjoys writing about lifestyle, fashion, and beauty. Sanjana is also on the Marketing Team here at HC! When she is not studying or writing, she enjoys watching movies, singing, and cooking!