This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Nada began as a “Zero Waste Market” pop-up shop by 2 ladies who sold bulk products at Patagonia Vancouver. They recently opened their first brick-and-mortar store in the East Vancouver area. To be more exact, Nada is located at 675 E Broadway, Vancouver, BC V5T 1X7. They have positioned themselves as a zero-waste retailer in which customers bring their own containers in order to purchase goods. 

All products of Nada are sourced locally and they engage with suppliers who are ethical and share Nada’s vision. Their long-term vision is “An unpackaged future: a lighter world that values a food system free of excess and waste to support the health of both people and planet”. The products in Nada are high quality, organic and fresh. 

The company is pretty innovative. They developed a technology that holds the information of a container’s weight using a sticker. This is a crucial element of their business model, as they rely on weights instead of packaged quantities. They also try to engage the community by making events inside their store, like screening movies about sustainability or yoga classes. 

Nada recently opened a café inside their store. Just like the store, the café is also zero-waste! Now it’s time for you to grab your countless containers and be part of this sustainable movement. 

Learn more about this amazing green company on www.nadagrocery.com.

Andrea is a third-year student at UBC majoring in Human Resources and Business Technology Management. Andrea loves running, hikes, romantic comedies and exploring new places. She is looking forward to sharing so many ideas, thoughts, and opinions on the Her Campus platform.