Virtual Kitten Therapy to Prep You for Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

It’s time to face facts: exams are coming up fast. It’s a tidal wave of stress and responsibilities that frankly, puppy therapy alone cannot handle. So this week we are bringing back Her Campus Virtual Therapy. This week, kittens! 

Note: these kitten profiles are completely fictitious. I do not know these kitties’ real names, or their real personalities, and no matter how hard you try, 3-D printing them will not work out well. You have been warned.

1. Milo the Calico

Likes: chasing your hand under the blanket.

Dislikes: having her nose booped.

2. Rufus the Maine Coon

Likes: being called “my little lynx”.

Dislikes: vacuum cleaners and roombas.

3. Simone the Tuxedo Cat

Likes: sitting at the dining table on a chair like the rest of the family.

Dislikes: wearing a bow tie.

4. Apollo and Artemis the Abyssinians

Likes: being together 24/7.

Dislikes: sharing a food bowl.

5. Gigi the Black Cat

Likes: tearing open the catnip mouse.

Dislikes: boredom.

6. Elphaba the Munchkin

Likes: curling up like a fluffy meatloaf.

Dislikes: navigating the stairs.

7. Bicky the Ginger Cat

Likes: clawing the furniture.

Dislikes: clawing the scratching post.

8. Jingle the Snowshoe Cat

Likes: playing with crumpled up paper.

Dislikes: having her tail grabbed.

9. Holly the Domestic Long-hair 

Likes: boxes.

Dislikes: static electricity.

10. Gertie the Grumpy Kitten

Likes: nothing.

Dislikes: everything.

We hope you enjoyed our plethora of virtual kittens. Now that you’re re-charged and raring to go, pick up a book and do some studying!

Photo Credits: ittybittykittycomittee.com, lovemeow.com, fallinpets.com, iHeartCats.com, catmess.blogspot.ca, pinterest.com, furlined.deviantart.com, catster.com

Avery is a second-year student at the University of British Columbia, where she is exploring her innumerable and possibly not very practical interests. She hails from the Cowichan Valley on Vancouver Island and has plans to do much more travelling before she gets too tired. If given a choice she would much rather have gone to Hogwarts, but readily admits that UBC is a close second. Her most notable talent is an uncanny ability to quote Hamilton during almost any conversation.