HC UBC’s Tips On Studying For Finals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

After the dreaded wait, finals have finally started! Many of us are probably stressed, tired, confused, and frustrated. There are just so many tasks to complete and courses to study for in such little time! Here are a few study tips from HC UBC:

1. “Remember that your mental health matters too. You can’t expect your brain to preform its best if you haven’t allowed it any breaks! Remember to schedule time for self-care too.”

2. “My best tip is to make a schedule based on priorities. Breaks to refresh are good for you, and remember that a grade doesn’t define who you are as a person.”

3. “Find a space that you can relax in and focus. Don’t try and sit down in your room all day and just cram unless you know that’s what works for you!! Go outside and take breaks, change up your study space and remember that it’s not always about how much time you dedicate but about the way you manage the time!!”

4. “Prioritize studying and prepare to the best of your abilities, then don’t forget to get enough sleep the night before your exam.”

5. “Changing location really helps me! Study in blocks and every so often move to a different study space.”

6. “Make a study schedule beforehand so that things don’t get left til the last minute. That way, you don’t feel bad about taking breaks, and you definitely do need to take breaks for best exam results as well as keeping yourself healthy ! Also don’t pull an all-nighter, it does not help with memory retention or health !”

Good luck with finals!

GIF Source: GIPHY

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.