Haircuts with Her Campus!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

On Monday, April 18th, Her Campus at UBC teamed up with On The Fringe Hair Design to host a fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society. This event offered free haircuts if individuals donated a minimum of 8 inches of hair to become wigs, in addition to $5 styles and $10 non-donation haircuts and a by-donation bake sale and nail painting station. All proceeds went towards funding treatment, research, and support services for those who are dealing with cancer. We donated around 120″ of hair (quadruple that if you count each lock!) and are excited for all of that hair to find new heads.

See below for a few highlights from the event and check out the rest of the photos in the event album here.

*****

*****

Thank-you to all of our donators of hair (you look great) and thank-you to those who donated money and time (especially On The Fringe). Around $250 have been raised so far, and we are still going!

Check out our donation page here and consider joining in the Instagram contest to win a Her Campus cold cup for your daily water/frap/iced capp/cool-you-down-in-the-summer refreshment while you’re at it. Tell us the story of your life through the story of your hair, and you could win one of three bumpin’ cups.

Photography: In A Tizzy Photography & Jessica Schmidt

Katie (she/her) has a Graduate Diploma in Business from Queen's University and a BA in Psychology with a minor in Gender, Race, Sexuality, and Social Justice Minor from the University of British Columbia. She is a former Campus Correspondent of HC at UBC and is passionate about people and their wellbeing, photography, and food.