This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

Confession: I didn’t own any baking ingredients. Or a whisk. Or measuring spoons. Or a baking pan for that matter.

So, if you’re like myself and lack almost all baking skills and supplies, here are some easy recipes you can try to make use of that extra canned pumpkin and make Thanksgiving last just a little bit longer. But trust me, these recipes are so good they probably won’t last long. Especially if you have roommates. They were a big hit in my house apparently.

Warning: Roomate approved. 

I headed off to the store to buy some baking supplies, but I just couldn’t bring myself to spend $10 on a whisk or baking pan, so I just hit up the bulk section and asked my neighbour if I could borrow the rest.

Confession: I still don’t own a whisk.

Pumpkin Banana Breakfast Cake:

This cake is full of nutritious ingredients and superfoods, and uses only bananas and maple syrup for sweetener. Also, I’m seriously obsessed with oatmeal and granola at the moment so I made the streusel more of a granola style.

Thanks to The Pancake Princess for this recipe!

Sidenote: My obsession with rolled oats continues.

Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats:

This recipe is for all you basic b*tches out there who love the pumpkin spice. My entire house actually smells of pumpkin spice right now from baking all morning and I’m not even mad about it. I may or may not own a pumpkin spice candle, but that’s a whole other thing we don’t need to get into. I’m going to go put on my uggs now.

This recipe comes from Organize Yourself Skinny

I am by no means a good cook and most of the time when I try to make a meal it’s just not a good time for anyone involved. But to my surprise these recipes turned out great. And on top of that, they’re vegan and pretty much guilt-free. So don’t feel bad if you eat half the cake to yourself for dinner because your family abandoned you on Thanksgiving. Not that I did that or anything….

This Thanksgiving season, I am thankful for so many things. My family, my friends, my cozy bed, and last but certainly not least, cake. It’s the little things in life am I right?!

Happy October everyone!

Born and raised in Vancouver, Rebecca is a young aspiring writer who currently studies at UBC. Follow her on instagram @rkenward