This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

We all know how stressful exam season gets. Midnight trips to McDonald’s, coffee and Monsters every hour, dark circles, and messy hair, sound familiar? It’s really easy to fall into bad habits during the stressful time of finals, but let’s all take a deep breath and try to find our happy place. I made a list of three habits that we should try to avoid during exam season:

1. Junk food all day

It’s a challenge to cook yourself some healthy homemade food during finals, so we often find ourselves indulging in junk food every meal, everyday, and don’t forget about all those midnight snacks and 2am Domino’s deliveries. It’s important to fuel yourself with healthy and nutritious food, especially during finals, where a lot of energy is used and stress is piling. A good solution is to opt for some healthier options in between all the fries and pizza, such as a salad, wrap, or some sushi, for example!

2. All Nighters

Every student has probably pulled an all nighter at one point in their university careers. During finals, it’s common to see students chugging caffeinated drinks and staying up the night before their exams. Research has proven that sleep is really important in retaining information and healing your body. Make sure to get some sleep before your exam!

3. No Exercise

Let’s be real, the most exercise most of us get during finals is from our chairs to the bathroom and back. Implementing a little bit of exercise during the stressful time of exams will make you more healthy and take some stress away! Now go for a five minute walk outside and do some stretches!

This time is stressful for everyone. Stay healthy, well rested, and motivated. Remember, you can do it! Only one more week till all exams are over!

Gif sources: https://giphy.com/

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.
Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.