The Chan Centre Presents The Choir of King’s College Cambridge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

This Sunday, March 26th, at 2 PM, the UBC Chan Centre for the Performing Arts will be host to the The Choir of King’s College, CambridgeInvited by Early Music VancouverThe Choir of King’s College, Cambridge will bring incredible and breathtaking musical talent to our UBC stage this Sunday.

In an interview with HCUBC, the Artistic Director of Early Music Vancouver, Matthew White, emphasized how amazing this event will be, as the choir is one of the best known choral groups in the world. The youngest boys in the choir are just 8 years old and the oldest men in the choir are all undergraduates at King’s College. Although the choir is young, competition to get into the choir is tough and training is rigorous – meaning that the talent is incredible! Additionally, as the choir is young, White emphasized that their sound is distinct from older choirs and is definitely something worth giving a listen to. For those attending the show this Sunday, you can expect a showcase of the music that the boys sing in chapel back in England, and a variety of early music and contemporary pieces as well. And the most amazing part about the show? “Getting to hear young children singing at this high a level”, says White, “you will hardly ever get to hear children singing at this level outside of England.” Sounds like a must-see show to me, HCUBC! 

This show is certain to be amazing this coming Sunday! Make sure to look out for the other amazing productions put on by Early Music Vancouver throughout the year! 

Emily Morehead is a fourth-year Honours Political Science major and a Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice minor - and the current co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UBC! :) She hopes to pursue law in the future and run for office someday. Emily loves taking long hikes up mountains, traveling to new places, and obsessing over cute corgis.