The Best London Fog In And Around UBC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

As the temperature drops, and you start to feel chilly, you’re going to want to stop by a cafe and grab a hot drink to warm yourself up. My go-to hot drink is a London Fog. The London Fog is a simple drink with sweetened Earl Grey tea, steamed milk, and a hint of vanilla. I’ve tried almost every London Fog in and around UBC. I might have missed some, or it might not have made the cut! Whether you’re a London Fog lover like me or have never tried the drink before, check out my list of the cafes that serve the best warm cup of the delicious drink!

1. The Boulevard Coffee Roasting Co

One of the best London Fogs on campus! It’s a bit on the pricier side, but it’s definitely worth it. 

Location: Between Scotiabank and Mahony & Sons 

2. Great Dane 

The smoothest and strongest London Fog you’ll find here. I love how they use a powder rather than a tea bag to get the Earl Grey flavour!

Location: Behind Gage Towers

3. Blue Chip Cafe aka Uppercase 

A nice place to grab a quick drink or snack before class (if the line isn’t too long)!

Location: The Nest

4. Good Earth Coffeehouse

This cafe is located about 15 minutes away from UBC by bus. A bit more on the pricey side, but it’s a good cup of London Fog, with the perfect amount of sweetness!

Location: Alma Street 

5. Make your own London Fog

It’s a simple drink to make, and will save you a lot of money in the long run! Canadian Living has a great recipe for a classic London Fog, but you can customize it with an alternative milk or different types of sweeteners.

Warm yourself up with a cup of London Fog HC UBC!

Image sources:

The Boulevard Coffee Roasting Co, Great Dane, Blue Chip Cafe, Good Earth Coffeehouse, GIHPY.

Emma is a fourth year student, majoring in Sociology w/ a minor in Environmental Studies. She aspires to be a travel & lifestyle editor and enjoys any drink with mint and lime.