neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Tips for First Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

First Year is a lot to take in. For many of us, it’s a new city and a new culture away from home. Here are some realistic tips that can help you: 

1. It is okay to feel overwhelmed. College is a completely different world, with more difficult classes, packed schedules. Take a break or talk to someone if you feel stressed out.

2. Get an agenda – and actually use it! It will keep you on track of events, assignments and commitments.

3. Decide if you’re a morning person or afternoon person. Choosing late classes for early birds like me is a struggle as I find it harder to stay focused by the end of the day. Same goes for night owls – 8.30 am classes are not for you.

4. Keep your dorm room clean. I promise you it will make you feel more motivated and happier.

5. Try new things that you didn’t expect you could do. Join a random club, go hiking even if you hate exercising, and try food from different countries.

Gif source (GIPHY)

Andrea is a third-year student at UBC majoring in Human Resources and Business Technology Management. Andrea loves running, hikes, romantic comedies and exploring new places. She is looking forward to sharing so many ideas, thoughts, and opinions on the Her Campus platform.