samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Feel Good Movies to Watch During Midterm Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

We all know how stressful midterm season can be, which is why it’s so important to take time for yourself and relax. One of my favourite ways to unwind is with the junk food of my choice (sour cream and onion chips) and a good movie to lift my spirits. Here are five feel good movies to get you through midterms: 

1. Forest Gump 

This movie is iconic for a reason. If Forest saying “I love you Jenny” doesn’t hit you in all the feels, you may be dead inside. 

2. The Grand Budapest Hotel 

It’s impossible not to love this quirky and aesthetically pleasing movie.  

3. Love Actually 

Yes, this is technically a Christmas movie, but that won’t stop it from making you say “aweeeeh” every five minutes. 

4. Mrs. Doubtfire 

Bonus points if you don’t cry thinking about Robin Williams. 

5. Definitely Maybe

This movie is a good reminder that life rarely ends up how you think it will, and that’s the beauty of it

There are definitely a lot more great films to choose from, but this list will suffice in distracting you from studying. Good luck everyone, reading break is so close! 

All gifs taken from Giphy.com 

Samantha is a third year UBC student majoring in Political Science. Samantha loves any kind of tea, drawing, reading, and traveling to new places. Her favourite thing to do is play with animals and write stories. One day, she hopes to have traveled to every continent.