The 10 People You Will Meet In Irving K. Barber During Exams

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UBC chapter.

The time is here, HCUBC cuties: exam period. A time of stress, long nights, and way too much coffee. For me, exam period means spending eight or more hours each day in the Irving K. Barber library. During the glorious hours that I have spent studying away in the library, I have noticed a thing or two about my fellow students around me in IKB. Here are the 10 people you will meet in IKB during exam period: 

1. The Talker

I don’t care that we are in the loud section of IKB, it is exam time!

2. The Chair Stealer

Swiper exists in IKB my friends. Hide your chairs, hide your tables, and hide your books, because Swiper is coming for you if you’re not careful! 

3. The 24/7 Netflix Watcher

Do they ever study? We may never know. 

4. The Latecomer 

You know who I’m talking about. The poor, unfortunate souls who show up to IKB at 1 pm. Good luck finding a seat, my friends. 

5. The Hibernator

Once, I swear the girl sitting next to me was asleep more than she was awake. It was quite impressive, actually. 

6. The Restless One 

Either they are going to get coffee, going to the washroom, or going to talk to friends. No matter what, they don’t seem to ever sit down! 

7. The Snacker

They put all your snacks to shame. They come prepared every day. While you are sitting there hungry, the library is their kitchen. 

8. The Fashionista 

While you’re sitting in the same pair of sweatpants for the fifth day in a row, there is always someone in IKB looking totally flawless. How do they do it? 

9. The Table Hog 

Do you really need all that room for one person? Really? 

10. The Stressed Out One

This one is for all of us. 

Best of luck on exams everyone. See you in IKB (if you can find a seat…)! 

Emily Morehead is a fourth-year Honours Political Science major and a Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice minor - and the current co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus UBC! :) She hopes to pursue law in the future and run for office someday. Emily loves taking long hikes up mountains, traveling to new places, and obsessing over cute corgis.