This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Valentine’s Day is around the corner and love is in the air! There is no better way to start this tender holiday than by dusting off your love shelf and learning your love language, or figuring out your significant others.  Love languages are how you express your heartfelt love to your significant other or how you like to receive that love. Now lets take a look and see which one or two are just right for you for this upcoming Valentines Day.

Gifts

You’re not materialistic; you enjoy both receiving and giving gifts. There is nothing better and more thoughtful than someone taking time to get a gift and the effort to think of something they may like. Whether its store bought or hand made, it always puts those little butterflies in your stomach.

Quality Time

Whether it’s just watching TV or sitting talking, giving your undivided time to someone is the way to go.

Words of Affirmation

Actions don’t always speak louder than words. A simple “I love you” or “I care” can go a long way.  Compliments, the reasons they love your love is all the things you need in your life.

Acts of Service

The little things matter. Vacuuming the floor, washing the dishes anything that will take away the burden from your significant other is just what they want and need. Your actions are speaking it all.

Physical Touch

This language is all about the touchy feely. Holding hands, kissing, and the hugging are all up in your love radar. Thoughtful touches whether it is for love, care, playfulness, or concern it shows that your significant other cares.

What’s your love language?