What’s Happening UAB: 9/17-9/23

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Trucks by the Tracks

Railroad Park

Sunday, Sept. 17 from 11a.m. – 5p.m.

If you’re a foodie like me this event is right up your alley! Trucks by the Tracks takes place at Railroad Park which is just a few minutes away from the center of UAB’s campus. This event brings food trucks and carts from all the surrounding areas into downtown for a day. You can look forward to good food, music, and lots of activities. Grab a friend or a date and enjoy a nice Sunday in the park! Admission is $8. 

UPB presents Michael Kent

Hill Student Center Ballrooms C&D

Wednesday, Sept. 20 from 7:00 p.m. – 8p.m.

Michael Kent is a comedian and magician from Columbus, Ohio. He has performed for audiences all over the globe! Kent combines his sarcastic sense of humor and the art of magic to create an interesting show. He has visited hundreds of college campuses and he will be making a stop here at UAB! If you’re in need of a laugh you should stop by! 

UPB presents Film Series

Hill Alumni Theater

Wednesday, Sept. 20 at 8:00p.m.

Did you know UAB has it’s own theater? University Programs Board will host a Film Series throughout the academic year to include new releases, throwback films, and social justice movies. Wednesday night there will be a showing of “Beatriz at Dinner”. You can check out the other upcoming showing at @uabupb. All showings are free for UAB students and $5 for the general public! 

Tamia is a senior at the University of Alabama at Birmingham majoring in mass communication with a journalism concentration. She is currently serving as one of her chapter's campus correspondents.