This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Now don’t get me wrong, I live for the heart-wrenching, tear-jerking shows like This Is Us, but on some days, my heart just can’t take it. Sometimes you just don’t want to watch a show that’s full of drama. If I’m sitting down to watch a couple episodes of a show and relax, I’m not about to watch Black Mirror, or even Gossip Girl. We all have our times when we really just want to forget everything and get lost in a show that makes us feel really happy and good inside.

Here are some of my favorite shows that never fail to crack me up and don’t actually make me more stressed than I already am. These are shows you could watch over and over again and they never get old:

1. New Girl

This show is about a quirky female school teacher who likes to sing… a lot… who moves into a loft with three guys. All the characters in this show are so loveable and hilarious in their own ways. New Girl will really make you appreciate the value of friendship as the all the wacky things the characters do are paired with really endearing moments of selflessness and love among a group of good friends.

2. Parks and Recreation

Ambitious, energetic civil servant Leslie Knope runs the Parks Department in Pawnee, Indiana and she couldn’t be more passionate about it. You will get to know and love each and every character in this show. They all complement each other so well, and their character and relationship development over the course of the show is so heart-warming.

3. Jane the Virgin

Okay I’m not going to lie, this show can be really dramatic, and yes I have balled my eyes out while watching this. But Jane the Virgin is one of my favorite shows to binge, and I truly get lost in her hilariously crazy world. This soap opera spin-off is about a Catholic Latina, Jane Villanueva, who is saving her virginity until marriage, but her world gets turned upside down when she is artificially inseminated with the rich, absolutely gorgeous Rafael Solano’s sperm.

4. Friends

We all know and love Friends, but honestly, it’ll never get old. What’s not to love about the ‘90s and a group of Twenty-something year old pals doing weird things in New York City.

5. The Office

We all wish working in an office was this much fun. This work dynamic will never cease to crack you up, but it’s so much more than that.

6. Gilmore Girls

If you love strong, independent women (and who doesn’t??), this show is for you. Gilmore Girls follows single mom Lorelai Gilmore and her daughter, the star pupil Rory. Their relationship is so sweet, and their little town in Connecticut is adorable.

7. Young and Hungry

Young aspiring chef Gabby is always getting into something crazy, and her feisty Latina roomie and best friend Sofia is always there to balance her out, or to help her get into more trouble. This show is like the modern take on I Love Lucy.

8. Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This show is insane but in the funniest way. Kimmy Schmidt was just set free from a bunker where she was being held by an apocalyptic cult since she was 13-years-old. Now she must learn how to live in modern New York City with her new fabulous, gay best friend Titus Andromedon.