freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A PSA to All the Guys Who Want to Talk to a Girl Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Gentlemen, it seems that some of you are still stuck in the past. Stuck in the times where girls waited around the phone waiting for you to call, girls wanted to be with you and only you at all times, and where you found it appropriate for her to chase after you and not the other way around. Well news flash……

THINGS HAVE CHANGED.

Introducing the new and improved female dating population! Most of us are certified girl bosses who have busy lives and schedules. Now does that mean we won’t make time for you? Of course not- if we’re truly interested we will make time for you and go out of our ways to hangout. However, be warned. No longer will we wait on pins and needles for you to make the first move, because we will establish things ourselves. We have evolved into a more independent, sophisticated class of ladies. Here’s some advice on how to effectively talk and score with a modern-day girl boss:

1. Communication

1. Yes, it hasn’t gone away and is still a thing. We girl bosses have complicated and demanding schedules that don’t always make us extremely accessible at all times. However, don’t take this as a sign that we will never see you. If we’re interested, we’ll make time, but that means that open lines of communication are essential. This not only in essence of making plans, but to also not waste our time. If you aren’t into it, SPEAK UP. Ghosting someone is one of our biggest pet peeves- if you aren’t feeling the connection, speak up and let us move on to the next one. We’re big girls, we can handle it. ;-)

1. Plan in Advance

1. Speaking off a little of what I mentioned before, planning dates and hang outs in advance are essential. I guarantee the girl boss you try to get with will have a handy planner that she uses to plan her entire life. Now don’t get me wrong be spontaneous, just don’t always expect for her to be available at your beck and call.
  2. Be a Gentleman

1. Show her that chivalry still exists! Opening doors, taking the check, and walking on the edge-side of the sidewalk are all still acceptable forms of behavior. Take her on a legitimate DATE and call it one, don’t just ask her to hangout. Trust me, saying the word “date” will mean so much more to her and she will be into you that much more. We aren’t here for it when you don’t behave like a gentleman, nor will we tolerate anything less.
  3. Flatter Her

1. It’s the little things like sending “Hey Beautiful” rather than just a regular “Hey” that will win her over. Make her feel like you are genuinely into her and show those typical signs of affection in a subtle way.

4. Be Yourself

1. Now a days, it seems like guys think that we want these celebrities who treat and talk about women like crap. Not only that, but that being cheated on and being treated less than the standard is ok and the norm. Let me tell you right now, if you’re talking to a true girl boss, NONE of those things will fly. Being yourself is one of the many things that will make a relationship work and be that much more genuine. If she feels that you are being yourself with her, she will surely return the favor. 

Now, don’t be intimidated or frightened if you figure out that the girl you are interested is, in fact, a girl boss. Follow these tips, take your time, and the rest is history. We may hold higher standards, but in truth, would you prefer a girl who didn’t care about these things or have her life (somewhat) together? Didn’t think so.