This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UAB chapter.

Are you stressed out from finals or do you just need a break from the stress of the day? Here are five Netflix Originals that are perfect for taking a break or being your next binge watch session. Take some time out of your busy schedule to sit back, relax, and enjoy a show (or two).

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

What could be better than mystery, magic, and horror combined? The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina has all of these as it follows the life of a sixteen year old witch that is half mortal. Sabrina has two lives she must try to find a balance between. Once she reaches her sixteenth birthday there are evil forces that she must combat along with trying to maintain a normal teenage life. Her biggest fight perhaps is the one against the Dark Lord; she has to protect her family and friends while defying her destiny. If you don’t mind the occasional jump scare and being on the edge of your seat you will find this show the perfect thing to give your mind a break from day to day stresses.

The Christmas Chronicles

This Netflix Original may not be a series, but it definitely warrants attention. The Christmas Chronicles may be the most action packed Christmas movie of this season. This original take on the most wonderful time of the year centers around a brother and sister who may have ruined Christmas. The two siblings then team up with a witty, adventurous Santa Claus who takes them on the adventure of a lifetime to save Christmas. This tale is sure to entertain with its wild chase scenes and jailhouse jams. Whether you are looking to watch something by yourself or with the family this movie is a crowd pleaser.

Stranger Things

If you’ve been on the fence about watching Stranger Things take a break when you’re stressed and give it a try. This Netflix hit follows the adventures or rather misadventures of Mike, Dustin, and Lucas as they try to find their friend Will. During their search the group of finds Eleven, a girl who was a subject in a lab. Eleven is no ordinary girl; she has special abilities. The boys aren’t the only people searching for Will; Police Chief Hopper conducts his own investigations at the persistence of Will’s mother, Joyce. Jonathan, Will’s brother also involves himself in the mystery unfolding in the town of Hawkins. There are dangers afoot in Hawkins and Will isn’t the only one in danger. Secrets are uncovered and things are turned “upside down” throughout this spine chilling series. There are two mystery filled seasons ready for you to enjoy.

Marvel’s Daredevil

Netflix is home to many Marvel heroes, but Marvel’s Daredevil brought these heroes to into a new light. This light shows conflicting characterizations of being someone who upholds the law and someone who breaks it at the same time. This show focuses on the life of Matt Murdock, an attorney, who was blinded as a child. He uses skills that were enhanced by his blindness to fight for justice outside the courtroom. Matt isn’t alone in his journey as an attorney/vigilante; his best friend and law partner, Foggy is with him throughout both of his careers. This action packed show has three captivating seasons sure to keep you entertained.

The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

If you are looking for endless laughs and loveable characters this show is for you. The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt follows the life of a girl who escapes the underground bunker she has been imprisoned in for fifteen years. After escaping Kimmy decides to move to New York City. While discovering who she is Kimmy goes through the trials of being on her own in hilarious and relatable ways. From getting her first job to making new friends Kimmy earns the title of unbreakable. This show has four fun filled seasons for you to enjoy and de-stress with.

Hannah is a freshman at UAB and is majoring in communications with a concentration in journalism.
HCUAB