This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

MOVING FORWARD

HOW UW HELPS STUDENTS PREPARE FOR FUTURE JOBS/INTERNSHIPS

UW ensures students are prepared for internship opportunities and careers. There are always many opportunities to seek out internships, talk to advisors or the career center for options. The Center for Advising and Career Services helps find jobs for students, and provides resources such as setting up mock interviews. “My education and friendships have set me up with networks of opportunity and more memories than I thought possible.” Rebekah C. (Senior)

“Attending UW has made me appreciate the education I’ve received. I appreciate that it’s a small school and a solid community that has supported me through my college education. I feel prepared to go out into the world and attempt to give back to the university that gave me so much.” Anonymous (Grad student)

There are several career fairs that take place during the year as well, keep your eyes peeled for when they are going on, and have a resume on hand.

THE UW EXPERIENCE:

We spoke to alumni about how UW has helped them “get ahead” in their careers. Recent graduate Alex P. (‘16), who is a sales at finance coordinator at Yes! Communities said, “I was able to join a lot of clubs and communities that helped me grow my social and professional network and learn to balance social and professional/educational life.”

Ericka P., Marketing Coordinator/Digital Merchandising Manager at  Cheyenne Frontier Days said, “My time at the University helped to prepare me for chasing opportunity. During my senior year, the College of Business allowed me to work a full time job to help kickstart my career. I believe the first hand relationships built through UW allowed me to be successful upon entering my field.”

No matter what profession you enter into, we’re sure you’ll agree, attending UW was the best career move you could have made.

1, 2  

Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.
Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016