Jacob White: All-American Sweetheart

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Name: Jacob White  

Hometown: Orland, Indiana

Year in School: Senior, last semester (hopefully)

Major: Geography, Yes it is a real major.

Relationship Status: In one.

Ideal first date: Denver Broncos AFC championship game.

Favorite place to people watch on campus: The union, because I always run into my best friend, Emily Cornell.

If you could meet any athlete other than Peyton Manning, who would you want to meet?

Steve Prefontaine. He was a runner in the 1970s and he died in a car accident. If I had to choose a living athlete it would probably be Joe Montana.

What do you think your spirit animal is?

Bald Eagle, because I am American!

Do you feel more like the tortoise or the hare?

Tortoise, because everyone thinks I am slow.

What movie can you watch on repeat and not get tired of?

Anchorman.

Why did you choose your major?

I met someone with the same major while visiting the University of Wyoming, did some research, and realized it didn’t require any math so I thought it would be a good fit.

What brought you to the great state of Wyoming?

My father brought me to Wyoming on spring break in high school, and I fell in love with the state. I really love the mountains and the people as well.

What career do you see yourself pursuing in ten years?

I could see myself pursuing a career in the environmental sector. So anything where I am outside everyday, but the truth is, I have no idea.

In a perfect world, what job would you choose for the rest of your life?

In a perfect world, I would be physically talented, and I would be a professional runner.

Hoosier basketball or Wyoming basketball?

Wyoming basketball. Hoosier basketball is ranked every year, and every year all they do is let me down.

What Disney movie speaks to your soul?

Beauty and the Beast. I like it because it has a heartfelt message that I like to think applies in real life.

Since you only have a few months of school left, what do you wish you had done in college that you have yet to do?

I wish I had found a way to access the underground tunnels on campus. It was my goal freshman year, and I want to see if the tunnels are scary or not.

Shot out of a cannon, you’re faced with meeting either Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck, and can only meet one of them ever. Who do you go meet?

I’ll make this easy for you. If I had a choice between, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, and Jesus Christ I still would choose Peyton Manning. He is the greatest football player of all time on and off the field.

Shot out of a cannon, tickets to a Lakers basketball game or tickets for a week-long trip to Sweden?

If the tickets to a Lakers game were during this season I would go so I could see Kobe play before he retires, and so I could see Larry Nance Jr. play. Actually I cannot think of one reason why I would ever want to go to Sweden, I would always take the Lakers tickets.

Emily Cornell

U Wyoming '17

Emily is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a Bachelor's in Business Management and Master's in Communication. In terms of career, Emily interned for Wyoming Athletics, and wants to eventually work in sports marketing. When not working or in class, she can typically be found baking cheesecakes, drinking coffee, or having random adventures. If the idea of these three things seem exciting, you can follow her on Instagram or Twitter, username: emilproblems. 
Sarah Ott

U Wyoming

Sara is a senior Marketing major at the University of Wyoming. She is a Co-Founder and Campus Correspondent of Wyoming's Her Campus chapter, along with President of the Student Alumni Association, and Director of Marketing for ASUW Student Government. When she's not having mental breakdowns from stress, she enjoys cuddling with her roommate's cat and hiding under a mound of blankets. All she really wants is to live somewhere where it's warm year round and to not be berated for her massive tea consumption. To check out her ridiculous and crazy life, check out her Instagram, username: twigott