This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

Coming back after last week’s spring break has been rough. The days seem longer, the homework stacks are higher than before, and the weather has not promoted focus on school work. This week, I asked some of our members what they plan on doing to stay motivated for the rest of the semester.

“I’m riding out the rest of the semester by keeping my eye on the prize–summer! I’m hoping to take some cool trips this summer so that’s a great motivator for finishing out the semester strong. I also try to give myself lots of “me time” to manage the stress of end-of-semester projects. A little Netflix here and there goes a long way sometimes!” -Brittany Johnson

“Staying motivated after the spring break can be really hard! But one thought that always keeps me going is to remember there are only 6 weeks until the end of the semester! I also remember to try and stay ahead of my assignments and finish them before 9 o’clock so I have plenty of time to watch decompress and watch Netflix.” -Emmaline Velasquez

“I’m staying motivated by just wanting to learn everything possible about history, my financial aid, and like proving to myself that I can actually survive in college.” – Annie Stratton

“To finish this semester I will be staying organized and taking lots of breaks. I like to stretch, take a walk, listen to music, or watch a YouTube video as my break.” -Shawnie Detavernier

“As a senior, facing the final 6 or 7 weeks of class is stressful, and the motivation is at an all time low. I really try to confide in loved ones for support, go on walks, listen to some of my favorite music and take at least one of the weekend days to completely forget school and recharge. It’s easy to get burned out, and mental health is super important in times where school is busy, so doing what I can to take at least an hour for myself every weekday really helps.” -Abbey Williams

Good luck with the rest of the semester! We believe in you!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016  
I am the current co-correspondent of the University of Wyoming! I spend my time reading lots of historical information, cooking, going out with my friends, and eating ice cream. I am a history major and my plans are to attend grad school to be a public librarian!
Brittany Johnson

U Wyoming '19

Brittany is a senior at the University of Wyoming, studying English and professional writing. She loves ice cream, Jesus, historical fiction novels, the ocean, and Asiatic lilies. Wyoming is her seventh and favorite home; you can often find her skiing, running, hiking, or drinking a good cup of coffee.
Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.
Shawn DeTavern

U Wyoming '20

Just a Wyoming girl who loves to write.
Annie Stratton

U Wyoming '20

History Major at University of Wyoming The nerdiest of nerds Movie Lover Hufflepuff to the core Avid DisneyBounder "How wonderful the color yellow is. It stands for the sun." -Vincent Van Gogh