Eggs
Eggs
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

All The Wonderful Ways to Cook Eggs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

I have recently been super into eggs in all of their various forms. I know this may seem like a weird topic, but I would like to share with you all, all of the wonderful ways that you can cook eggs. They are nutritious and have lots of protein. They taste great with just about anything, even by themselves. And how could it be more simple than just an egg and transforming it into something delicious? Here are my top favorite ways to cook eggs!

Eggs Egg Carton
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

1. Boiled Eggs

Now there are a lot of ways out there to boil an egg and everybody has these tips and tricks. What I have found works best is boiling them and then letting them sit in the pot while they cook. Then I put them in a bowl with iced water until they are cold, and the shell comes right off. I usually bang the bottom first where there is a little space between the shell and egg, and from there work the shell off in generally large pieces, making it super easy. With a little bit of salt, and you’re good to go. Plus boiled eggs can go in many different dishes. 

2. Deviled Eggs

I love deviled eggs because they are delicious and super easy to make. I usually add mustard, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, paprika, and vinegar. I don’t usually measure out my ingredients but I add them all and adjust them until I feel I’ve reached the perfect balance. I like a pretty mashed up egg yolk as well to get it very creamy. Then I top it with a little bit of paprika for the look. 

3. Eggs in Fried Rice

Now eggs in fried rice are not generally meant to be scrambled very much and instead cook it more as a whole, then incorporate it into the fried rice. The eggs get very nice and brown while they are cooking and taste great with the soy sauce you add at the end. For fried rice, I would also recommend adding oyster sauce, which I discovered from the internet. 

4. Flat Eggs

I have no idea how else to describe these besides using the words flat egg. Basically, you whisk an egg with some milk and salt, pour it into the pan with some butter (which I would argue you should almost always use to cook your eggs in), let it cook on one side, flip it and let it cook on the other side. Voila, you have a flat egg, which is a great way to eat a fully cooked egg. 

Msu Spoon_Universityfried_Egg_
Spoon University

5. Eggs on Toast 

The last favorite way that I like to eat eggs, is on its amazing carrier, toast. It is crunchy yet has the wonderful taste of an egg on top. This is where a flat egg is essential to me, because it usually fits so perfectly on a piece of buttered toast. 

Poached_Egg
Kirby Barth / Spoon

I hope you guys enjoy some eggs this week! There are an endless amount of uses for them and even better, they are just as delicious on their own as they are mixed in (or on) with other ingredients. 

Baking tools
Photo by Calum Lewis on Unsplash

I am the current co-correspondent of the University of Wyoming! I spend my time reading lots of historical information, cooking, going out with my friends, and eating ice cream. I am a history major and my plans are to attend grad school to be a public librarian!