4 Spotify Playlists for When You Need Something New

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

It happens to the best of us. We get stuck listening to the same music over and over again until we are bored out of our minds. Spotify does a good job of pulling different songs and putting them into easy to access playlists for just this reason. Here are a few of my go-to playlists for new music!

1) A Perfect Day

This playlist has the perfect combination of new music and some rockin’ oldies. “Shallow” by Lady Gaga, “Tiny Dancer” by Elton John, and “Love Song” by Sara Bareilles are just three songs that populate this playlist. There are so many songs on here that throw me back to middle-school and a few that I have never heard before, but that make me want to dance the day away.

2) Hanging Out and Relaxing

This is the playlist that I listen to while doing homework. The melodies and lyrics help set the tone to write the hundreds of papers I seem to have due each week. This playlist also has songs that are in my personal music collection. When those come on, it’s a good break where I can sing my little heart out. Songs: “Ophelia” by The Lumineers, “Anywhere” by Passenger, and “Silver Lining” by Mt. Joy.

3) Songs to Sing in the Car

If you don’t already know all the words to these songs, you will by the end of it. This combination of music is a slam dunk for everyone. They are the perfect songs for singing in the car! Songs: “Georgia” by Vance Joy, “Work Song” by Hozier, and “Shake” by The Head and the Heart.

4) Morning Motivation

Don’t be mistaken by the name, this playlist is perfect for anytime of day! Most of the songs on this list are upbeat, happy songs to get your day going. I love listening to it on the bus while I’m headed to class. Songs: “Saturday Sun” by Vance Joy, “High Hopes” by Panic! At The Disco, and “Tongue Tied” by Troye Sivan.

Hope these playlists help you find some new music to jam to!

1, 2, 3, 4

Hailee Riddle

U Wyoming '20

Writing is hard, but I love it. "Little girls with dreams become women with vision." HC U Wyoming Writing since 2016  
Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.