4 Recipes for your Pre-Holiday Baking Spree

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

The holidays are here, and a tradition in my family is a day of baking. It’s fun to be in the kitchen with your loved ones making a ton of delicious desserts to eat and share with friends. Throughout my life, I’ve made tons of desserts, but here are four you have to try.

1) 3-Ingredient Fudge

This recipe is so easy and super delicious. All it takes is chocolate chips, butter and sweetened condensed milk, thrown in a bowl, melted down and poured into a fudge pan to cool. That’s seriously it! For reference, Allrecipes.com has a recipe for measurements. The best part is you can add whatever you want to make it more than just a classic recipe. Add graham crackers and marshmallows on the top for a s’mores fudge, or nuts for a crunch. The possibilities are endless. 

2) Chocolate Covered Oreos

This is another easy recipe but one of my holiday favorites. All it takes is some baking chocolate and a pack of Oreos to make these guys, but be careful-it’s easy to easy to eat like 10 in one sitting. Just melt down the chocolate and dip one Oreo in at a time to coat it before tapping on the bowl’s edge and laying it on wax paper to dry. You can also customize these to your taste, whether you use colorful chocolate or plain, classic Oreos or flavored Oreos. You can also top them with sprinkles, candy cane pieces, pretzel pieces, you name it. So. Good. 

3) Classic Sugar Cookies

Would it be a holiday without frosted sugar cookies? It’s so fun to make them into various shapes and frost them to make them your own. I’m sure a lot of readers have made these, but here’s a recipe in case. 

4) Peppermint Cheesecake

This is a doozy of a project, but so worth the time. Imagine peppermint bark, but in cheesecake form. Yeah-it’s amazing. I found this recipe on Pinterest and have been forever changed. Trust me, you have to try it, I imagine it will become a yearly recipe for you too.

Hopefully a couple of these will bring you as much joy as they have to me. Happy Holidays! 

Abbey is a senior at the University of Wyoming and is currently majoring in Journalism. She couldn't imagine a world without Jesus, coffee, The 1975, Twitter or her family. You'll usually find her at a concert or cafe somewhere, which is where she spends majority of her free-time. Talking to band members after their shows is a hobby, along with thrifting & indulging in all aspects of pop culture. After college, she plans to spend more time at concerts, getting paid to write about music and bands.