10 Ways to Treat Yo’Self

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Wyoming chapter.

It’s only the third week of school and I’ve already hit the wall. You know the one that includes, my never ending to-do list, the studying I need to do, all while keeping my room somewhat clean. Most collegiettes lead a busy life, so it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and stressed. To avoid this, I unapologetically treat myself. My personal health and happiness come first, and while school is important, it’s not the only thing we have to live for. So here are 10 fun ways to Treat yo’ self if you’re ever feeling stressed.  

Eat strawberries and Nutella

This is the perfect balance of healthy and unhealthy. It tastes so good in the morning it doesn’t even feel like breakfast.

Wear your favorite dress or skirt

A girl in the right outfit is unstoppable. If even you aren’t feeling great, just putting on a cute outfit will make you feel a little better.

Get off campus

The Laramie community has so much to offer. Go exploring, window shop downtown, or visit a new park.

Listen to live music

UW is always bringing in small local performers, so take the time to go check out some new music. Even if it’s not something you’d usually listen to, you’ll be glad you took the time to do something besides homework.

Take a walk

Laramie has a lot of really interesting and beautiful neighborhoods worth exploring. But if you can’t make it off campus even a quick walk around Prexy’s is a nice way to get outside before it’s too cold.

Spend time with friends

Get creative! Pizza party, pottery painting, or Saturday night glow bowling are all fun excuses to gather up friends to make some great memories

Sing in the car

Instead of dreading the ride to work make it fun by allowing yourself a jam session.  Spotify always has a playlist for any occasion.

Take showers all day

Okay maybe not literally all day, but if you usually shower in the morning, take an extra one that night. After a long day, a good shower or bath is the best way to relax.

Actually get ready for bed

Instead of passing out over the textbook you’re trying to read, schedule time to get ready for bed. Listen to soft music, wash your face, and put on some fuzzy socks.

Give yourself something to look forward to

I know it probably seems early but planning a spring break trip or buying concert tickets can be a reward for working hard this semester. Even if it’s something smaller, like a hike on the weekend, it’ll give you something to be excited about during the week.

Sara is a junior double majoring in Journalism and Enviromental and Natural Resources. She was born in Northern Kentucky but has lived in Laramie for 10 years now. She has a communications internship with the Wyoming EPSCoR program and writes for their blog. She also works as a lifegaurd and swim instructor at the local recreation center. To balance out her busy life Sara loves to read, do yoga, and plan her adventures abroad. She enjoys the small things that make life wonderful including rain, green grass, and coffee. One day she hopes to live in Seattle, write for an environmental publication, and travel the world to cover her stories.