After watching Twilight, I knew there was no way I could stop there, which meant I had to start New Moon as quickly as possible (check out my thoughts on the first movie here). Honestly, I didn’t think anything could compare to the first movie, but this one held up pretty well. I had a million thoughts as I watched it, of course, but these were the top 10.
- What is up with the opening sequence?
I was so confused. It took me way too long to realize it was a dream sequence.
- Rosalie, why are we still having problems?
Rosalie, Bella almost died. Can you please be two percent less hostile?
- Taylor Lautner can actually speak!
Unlike Eddie, Lautner’s Jacob speaks like a normal person who understands English.
- Is this… a little racist?
The more I learn about the Quileute tribe, the more concerned I get with Stephanie’s depiction of it.
- Bella, why do you want to be a vampire so badly?
I don’t think I’ll ever understand this one. She’d literally be dead and have to live off of blood. I personally can’t imagine something I would want less.
- Eddie is obviously lying about why he’s leaving Bella.
I guess a hundred years of lived experience can’t teach basic acting skills.
- Jacob has abs.
And he’s not dead, so he’s already infinitely better than Edward.
- She’s just leaving Jacob for Edward?
He doesn’t even have any abs!
- I’m not team Edward or Jacob.
Team Alice all the way!
- What’s the point of the Volturi?
They’re introduced in the second half of the movie, and, while they’re supposed to be scary, I cannot for the life of me figure out what their significance in the overarching saga plot will be.
This movie was definitely a riot to watch. I can’t wait to watch the rest of the movies and try to figure out what in heaven’s name is going on.