President’s Address: What to Expect from Her Campus this Term

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

Residence dorms are bustling, the bunnies have repopulated, and so begins another year at The University of Victoria (UVic) …

This week, we begin the fall term with “Campus Kickoff” themed content. Each week, the theme of our content changes and we love to receive feedback from readers like you about which themes you have most enjoyed and which themes you would like to see next.

Whether this is your first or final year at UVic, welcome. Perhaps you have frequented our virtual magazine before, or maybe you’re a newcomer. Whatever the case, I’m so thrilled you have chosen to join our online community.

Her Campus UVic is a branch of Her Campus, an international online magazine created by students for students. What began with three entrepreneurial Harvard women has exploded into an international brand for college and university women alike to support one another through the excitement and challenges of post-secondary education.

As HC National best describes, “Our content is a source of entertainment highlighting campus news, events, interesting students, faculty and alumni profiles, campus photos, and fashion and lifestyle content specifically tailored for students at UVic. Members gain journalism, marketing, publicity, and digital media experience, and all students at UVic gain a fun online resource through our online publication.” 

As we delve into the theme of the week, our staff writers have curated “Campus Kickoff” articles that will offer you sage advice about how to be your most successful self throughout your degree. 

Best of luck,

Carly

Carly Grabher

President/Campus Correspondent 

Her Campus U Vic

u-vic@hercampus.com

HerCampus.com/school/u-vic | HerCampus.com

If you wish to join Her Campus UVic, email Rachel Watson (Editor-in-Chief) and myself at u-vic@hercampus.com expressing your interest! And, follow us on Facebook (Her Campus at U Vic) and Instagram (@hercampusuvic).

Carly Grabher is in her fifth year of Creative Writing at The University of Victoria with a minor in Gender Studies. She is the Campus Correspondent of the UVic chapter and has been a contributing writer and editor with Her Campus for four years. In addition to writing articles, Carly formerly danced and worked at Canada's National Ballet School, redesigned the website for The University of Victoria Faculty Association, and worked as the communications and events assistant with UVic's Co-operative Education Program and Career Services.
Meet Rachel Watson! Originally from Prince George, she moved to Victoria to start her undergraduate degree in 2016 and is now in her fourth year. Rachel's major is linguistics and she is pursuing a minor in psychology. She is elated to be one of the two Campus Correspondents for her lovely chapter at the University of Victoria.