How to Be a Girl Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at U Vic chapter.

We all dream of being that strong, productive, boss ass bitch that we see in movies or on social media. You might think it’s unattainable, but I’m here to tell you that you can be that girl! With a little discipline and these easy steps, you’ll be a #bossbabe in no time!

1. Organize your Life

Get yourself a cute planner, some cute décor for your desk, and get yourself excited about doing work! Write down goals you’re working towards and fill your calendar up with all the things you need to get done! You will be much more likely to get work done when you’ve got an aesthetically pleasing work area!

2. Get an Inspiration/Vision board

Get out those scrapbook materials! An inspiration board is a perfect way to keep your dreams visual! Include some big and small goals you want to achieve. You can see what you’re working towards and keep you on track to success! Also, it’ll look super cute on your wall!

3. Get Enough Sleep

Contrary to popular belief, staying up and working all night won’t enhance your success. You need at least 8 hours of sleep to keep yourself healthy and to boost your energy for the day! Instead of pulling an all-nighter, sleep. Wake up early and get more done during the day!

4. Listen to #GirlBoss Music to Get Yourself Pumped Up

Pump yourself up for the day and listen to some empowering music; don’t forget to dance your heart out! Check out our Girl Boss playlist!

5. Dress in a Way that Makes YOU Feel Confident and Happy

Put on that sexy red dress and those knee high boots, girl! Wear whatever makes you feel like you own the world! Strut your stuff with CONFIDENCE!

6. Do Some Budgeting

Budget your money monthly into certain categories like food, gas, etc. to avoid spending money frivolously. You’ll be surprised how much money you’ll save!

7. Take Breaks!

Everyone needs breaks! You’re still a girl boss even if you’re not working. Take breaks for your brain to recharge!

8. Do Something You Love Everyday

Whether it’s working out, singing, dancing, reading, painting or hiking, take some time to do something you love outside of your work! Whatever it is, get creative!

Go out there and conquer the world! ♥

Sources: 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9

Psychology student with a love for junk food, Netflix, and making memories!
Ellen is a fourth year student at the University of Victoria, completing a major in Writing and a minor in Professional Writing: Editing and Publishing. She is currently a Campus Correspondent for the UVic chapter, and spends most of her free time playing Wii Sports and going out for breakfast. She hopes to continue her career in magazine editing after graduation, and finally travel somewhere farther than Disneyworld. You can follow her adventures @ellen.harrison